Hi, I'm Angie Patterson, a professional photographer, and I often carry my phone with me. However, I believe there's a time for using my phone, and there are other times I use my digital camera when I'm out taking photos.
For example, I'll use my phone when I'm immersed in casual, day-to-day goings-on or prefer to travel light.
But, when I think about possible five-star results, that once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, and special memories, my digital camera is always my go-to.
However, I will often have my phone and camera and switch back and forth depending on the day's events and the reason for the photographs.
So, why bother with a camera when your phone is convenient and suitable?
Well, how do you think you would feel…
- If everyone else was using their phone, but you were getting these amazing photos of your children or pets with your camera?
- When have you aced it with spectacular landscape or special events photos with your newfound confidence and camera skills?
- After taking that exciting wildlife or bird photo with your camera, keeping yourself a safe distance away, and your subject remains unstressed?
- Knowing how to confidently adjust your camera to deal with challenging lighting and capture the moment when your phone cannot?
- As you discover a new world of creativity and storytelling with your camera and fun, specialized lenses?
I love using my camera and assorted lenses because it's a lot of fun!
Photography is meant to be fun for you, too!
Sometimes, though, there are challenges in the way of your goals. For example, maybe you are…
- Confused by the technical photography jargon
- Frustrated because your photos don't turn out how you envision
- Overwhelmed at the thought of understanding your camera and photography
- Unsure about how to get started, and your camera is stuffed away in the original box because you’re intimidated
- Bewildered by the camera manual and so-called beginner photography articles that leave you even more confused
I've experienced my fair share of frustrations and overwhelms, and that's why I'm here to help you.
So, what’s your next step? I invite you to check out the wealth of content on this website, and most specifically, I know you’ll love my book, which I designed to help you become the photographer of your dreams!
These are just a few of the many things you’ll discover…
- How to understand the camera buttons and dials
- Easily make sense of photography technical terms.
- Discover photo tips to immediately take better photos.
- Kick frustration to the curb so you can be out taking photos with confidence.
- Turn everyday photos into ones you are proud of and put the fun into photography – for you.
Your photography adventure can change your life!