Workshops with Angie
If you're a beginner photographer, you're in the right place! Here are some upcoming opportunities to learn with Angie Patterson, a photographer who dedicates her teaching time to helping beginners learn more about their cameras and the basics of photography.
A beginner's how-to course on settings, buttons, & dials to get the most out of your digital camera.
Apr 27, 2023 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM MDT
What if love is holding a camera in the palm of your hand? And it’s a great way to avoid blurry photos too. Angie Patterson could write a book about photography bloopers, and that’s great news for you because she’s experienced the similar frustrations of many enthusiastic photographers. With millions of people taking pictures on their smartphones and digital cameras every year, it’s a free for all. Angie uses her experiences and down-to-earth teaching skills to demystify the confusing technicalities and avoid rookie photography mistakes when using a camera or smartphone. Do you want to take pictures or unleash creativity in you?
Angie loves sharing her enthusiasm, knowledge, and skills in person and in print with her book Making Photography Easy and Fun. Angie’s photography and teaching skills are shaped by personal experiences, attending numerous workshops and online courses, teaching classes, and continuing to self-advance. Angie believes that photography creates opportunities for positive connections and enhances the self and the lives of others.
Angie Patterson - Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada
Are you new to photography, or perhaps just in need of a refresher on the many buttons and dials on your digital camera? Join photographer, Angie Patterson and McBain for this entry-level workshop on how to get the most out of your digital camera.
1. Adjusting the viewfinder diopter.
2. Checking the image file size and the pros and cons of file size.
3. Formatting the memory card – do’s and don’ts.
4. Remember to clean your lens.
• Essential buttons and dials.
• Auto and manual camera and lens focus features.
• Camera and or lens image stabilization.
• Making sense of the Mode dial.
• Introduction to the camera in the auto, aperture priority, shutter speed priority, and manual modes.
• Discover white balance and how it affects your photos.
• What is ISO and how to use it to your advantage
For this class, please have the following prepared:
Camera with fully charged battery
Your camera's manual
One question to have answered by the end of the class